Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Book Of Acts

I have been watching the first half of the DVD: The Visual Bible -The Book Of Acts.

I have moved to tears and to laughter, as I have watched the start of the early church unfold before my eyes.

I find myself longing to experience the power of the Holy Spirit in my life in a mighty way. I desire to see souls saved and lives changed. My heart aches for revival in my life, the life of my family, the life of my church and my friends.

I also realize that nothing but me stands in the way for most of this to happen. I must give all of me to God, surrender completely and hold nothing back.

Tomorrow I am to be ordained as a Southern Baptist Minister. I feel so unworthy, yet I know the Worthy One. I feel unqualified, but I know the One who qualifies me.

My hearts desire is to be a Spirit filled, on fire, child of God, drawing people to Jesus.

Pray with me and for me, as I begin to feel the flames of revival stirring in my heart.

I leave you with the lyrics from a song by Steve Camp.

The Mark of a Man of God

A godly man is such a rarity today. So many start strong and true and quickly fall away. A godly man will take a stand, he can't be bought or sold. Hand to the plow he won't look back, though other hearts grow cold. He keeps the faith and keeps his conscience clean. He lives this life of Grace through all his years.

The mark of a man of God is what he's faithful to, and what he's fleeing from, and what he's fighting for. The Heart of a man of God is what he daily pursues. His family, friends, the word, the church, and worship of the Lord. A godly man daily takes up the Cross of Christ and faithfully follows him as a living sacrifice...

He's not ashamed of the gospel. His suffiency is Christ. And the Power of integrity of the passion of his life. Instead of reckless faith, he has proven his faith works, and the ulitimate priority is the Master's plan for the church.

He's saved without a doubt, for his 1st love is the Lord. And the Gospel according to Jesus is the truth he would die for...

He lives his life to teach the word in season and in not. For he fears more than any man, the approval of his God. He lovingly and firmly leads those placed under his care, and the power of his ministry is that he is a man of prayer...


The mark of a man of God is what he's faithful to, and what he's fleeing from, and what he's fighting for. The Heart of a man of God is what he daily pursues. His family, friends, the word, the church, and worship of the Lord. A godly man daily takes up the Cross of Christ and faithfully follows him as a living sacrifice..."


Striving to be a man of God,
Pastor Dave

1 comment:

Deena Peterson said...

It is so easy, and so tempting, to point to someone else and say, "You're holding me back. You're quenching the Spirit in my life," when in reality WE are our own worst enemies. I believe it is even more difficult in the life of a pastor, as he is the one all others in the church look to...and if the enemy can take down the man in the pulpit, or his family, it can rock a church to its foundational core...which, if her foundation is Jesus, she will stand, shaken, but still solid.

Ok, I'm rambling now...so I'll just go quietly **shutting the door behind her**