Monday, July 23, 2007

Who Would You Trade Places With?

I know, I know, it's been forever since I posted....ok, maybe not forever, but since May, which in the blog world is almost the same as forever. So, no excuses or anything, let's just jump back into it, shall we?

Have you ever wished you could trade places with someone else? Ever looked at someone else's life and thought, "Man, I wish I had their life."

Believe it or not, the apostle Paul wished he could trade places with someone else. In Romans 9:3 Pauls says, "I wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people" In essence, what Paul is saying is that he would trade places with his fellow jews, and he would go to hell without Jesus, if it meant that they would come to faith in Jesus.

Wow! What love and passion for people who don't know Jesus! Have you ever had that type of love and passion for the lost? I know I haven't. I read this verse tonight and repented of my lack of concern for those who don't know Jesus as their savior. I repented of my lack of love for the ones who are bound for an eternity without Jesus. I repented of my lack of passion to see souls come to salvation.

What would happen if the church would pursue the salvation of the lost with the kind of passion that Paul has here? What would happen if I would pursue the salvation of the lost with the kind of passion that Paul has here?

Please, join me tonight in praying to God for a passion to know Him and to make Him known.

Ok, so there's that.
Pastor Dave

2 comments:

Steven Simpson said...

Wow...way to comeback. Glad to see you post again.

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

WOW! While I've often thought of trading places with others it's never been someone who was in a "worse off" place than me...

but oh how I want to help others know Him... I'm starting with the kids and the teens... because in my "young in the Lord" state... i find them most willing to listen... :)

Thanks for the great post!

Heather
(who absolutely ADORES your wife)