Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's A Small World After All

Just a quick blog today concerning facebook.

I had the privilege and honor of praying with someone I "met" on facebook.
They live in the same area as where I grew up, and are dealing with a child that has a type of cancer. I had posted something about praying for one of my children, and in an instant message with one another, we prayed for each other and for our children.

It was an amazing thing. I felt the power of God while the prayers were being posted back and forth.

It just goes to show that although the internet (along with much of our modern technlogoy) can be used for evil, it can also be used by a Holy God and His children to lift up and encourage one another.

Honestly, I felt as if this was a little slice of what heaven will be like. People from all times and places, coming together as brothers and sisters in the Lord, worshiping and working together, as if we had known each other for years.

I can hardly wait for that day to arrive.

But until then, I will used Facebook to reach out and minister to those who I have never "met", and yet will spend eternity with.

I guess the song was right, it is a small world after all.

Ok, so there's that.
Pastor Dave

No comments: