Monday, January 26, 2009

A Blogging We Will Go

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away......well, not exactly, but way back on December 29, 2006 I began this blog. I had great intentions of posting often, and of recording a journey of my reading through the Bible in a year.

But, being a bi-vocational pastor of a growing church, it was much harder to find the time to post on a regular basis than I thought it would be.

And that brings us to this post. As of the 24th of January, I walked away from my "tent-making" job and am no longer bi-vocational. I am devoting my life now to pastoring Loma Rica Baptist Church, spreading the gospel and encouraging my brothers and sisters wherever and whenever I can.

My goal is to post every day....even if it is just little post about what kind of a day I had the day before. I hope to have more pictures, video, and updated my links and anything else I can do to make the blog more interesting.

This will be a good way for the church I pastor to keep in daily contact with me, and I pray that this blog will be a way to spread the gospel and encourage the body of Christ. I also hope that as the world keeps getting smaller with the advancing technology we have at our disposal, that this blog might be used to conect the body of Christ from one part of the globe to the other.

Comments, questions, suggestions and criticism (play nice) are always welcome.

Ok, so there's that.

Pastor Dave

No comments: